Monday, May 31, 2010

Catching Up

I realize that I haven't posted in quite a while. Patrick and I have been super busy with vacation, work, and lots of things going on around the house. Let me see if I can recap... After we got back from the beach we had scheduled hardwoods to be put down in our master and on the upstairs landing as well as new carpet in the nursery. Patrick's dad was so generous to come over and help us move all of our bedroom furniture...what a freaking disaster. We had furniture in our closet, bathroom, dining room, living room and basement. So for two weeks we slept in the upstairs guest room - WOW, I now realize how comfortable our bed really is. Sorry to all of you in advance who will sleep or have had to sleep in that bed. We finally moved all of the furniture back last Friday night. Ahhhh...peace and normalcy!

Oh and while all of the hardwoods were being installed we had to prime and paint the nursery. We got the primer on and the first coat of paint, but waited until the night before the new carpet was installed to finish painting. And did I mention that my sister was graduating that night? So we went to graduation, celebrated at the after party and then got home about 11 to finish painting. It was definitely a late night, but I am so happy we are done now. And to tell you the truth, Patrick did most of the painting and I went to bed. What a good hubby, huh?!?!

So for Memorial Day weekend we spent most of our time getting things done around the house. Patrick took the time to work in the yard while I cleaned the house. Note to everyone - don't ever get three black animals who shed. It is IMPOSSIBLE to clean. I did my best though. Patrick put the crib together and I LOVE it! Now we just have to get the bathroom ready and start figuring out furniture placement. I am sooo excited to finally see the nursery start coming together. Pictures to follow soon...