Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baby Showers!!!!

Patrick and I are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family members! We had our first baby shower on July 11th at my friend Lora’s house. She was so generous to open her house up to all of us “crazies”. Patrick and I were so excited about all of the goodies everyone brought for Ellie! Mom has all of the pictures on her camera, so as soon as I get my hands on them I will post for everyone to see.



Our second shower was geared more towards family. We had a great turn out and Ellie got even more goodies. Our hostesses surprised us by asking everyone who came to bring a book so that we could jump start Ellie’s library – what a GREAT idea. Here are a few pictures from our family shower…






All of the grands...

We also had a great shower from my coworkers at Vulcan. Debbie did such a great job on the elephant cake! I sure hope Ellie loves elephants when she grows up! We played a game of who can change a diaper the fastest. I was able to choose two people at a time to compete against each other. They each had a baby doll and raced to change a diaper. Brent inspected to make sure the diaper was properly placed on the doll. After three rounds we had the winners compete against each other and of course Rusty was the winner. It was hysterical. We are so thankful to have so many people who care about us! Thanks to everyone!!!